The Health Care Alliance for Patient Safety
The Health Care Alliance for Patient Safety (APS) was founded in 2018 to advocate for patient safety and to protect and defend the doctor-patient relationship – the essential foundation of personalized health care decision making.
Our members come together from across the country to raise awareness and protect public health. Advancing policy and collaboration between leading health care advocates, vision innovators, and treatment specialists is essential to push patient care and vision protection forward.
APS evolves around five main principles:
- Support and advocate for the center of every health care decision: the doctor-patient relationship and ensure the delivery of quality care and healthy outcomes.
- Support and advocate for the safest, healthiest and most effective use of medical devices while promoting the advancements in technology to create better patient health outcomes.
- Support and advocate for the inviolability of a patient's prescription, determined through consultation between a patient and his or her doctor.
- Support and advocate for needed enforcement and/or needed strengthening of patient health and safety laws and regulations.
- Educate and inform policymakers, the media and the public about the importance of doctor-patient decision-making and respond to dangerous, abusive or harmful medical device marketing practices that undermine quality care or place patients at increased risk for harm.