(ARLINGTON, Va.) - The Health Care Alliance for Patient Safety (Alliance) today announced an additional speaker at their event titled “Evolution of Telehealth: Patient Awareness and Education” on Thursday, September 27, 2018 at 7:30 a.m. at the Washington Court Hotel in Washington, D.C. Mr. Peter Menziuso, President of North America Vision Care for Johnson & Johnson Vision, and Co-Chair of the Alliance, will provide the sponsor’s perspective at the event.
The event is part of The Hill’s event series and is open to the public and members of the press. Those interested in attending can RSVP here. The event is free to attend.
Other event speakers will include a bipartisan group of lawmakers, industry professionals, and vision and telehealth experts. The event will explore how telemedicine is making healthcare more efficient and effective, when in-person services might be more reliable and how to maintain a strong doctor-patient relationship as technology evolves.
A full list of speakers is as follows:
- Congressman Buddy Carter (R-GA)
- Senator Bill Cassidy, M.D. (R-LA)
- Congresswoman Doris Matsui (D-CA)
- Peter Menziuso, President of North America Vision Care for Johnson & Johnson Vision, and Co-Chair of the Health Care Alliance for Patient Safety
- David Cockrell, Owner of Cockrell Eyecare Center in Stillwater, Okla.
- Susan Polan, Associate Executive Director, Public Affairs & Advocacy, American Public Health Association
- Natasa Sokolovich, Executive Director, Telehealth, University of Pittsburgh
- Samantha Zenlea, Senior Regulatory Policy Specialist, National Council on Aging
Event details are as follows:
“Evolution of Telehealth: Patient Awareness and Education”
Thursday, September 27, 2018
Washington Court Hotel Grand Ballroom
525 New Jersey Ave.
Washington, D.C. 20001
The Alliance was founded in 2018 to advocate for patient safety and to protect and defend the doctor-patient relationship – the essential foundation of personalized health care decision making. For more information, please visit http://www.patientsafetytoday.com/.
About the Health Care Alliance for Patient Safety
The Health Care Alliance for Patient Safety, founded in 2018, advocates for eye health and safety and elevates the doctor-patient relationship – the essential foundation of personal health care decision making. Members of the Alliance for Patient Safety work together to raise awareness and protect public health. Advancing policy and collaboration between leading eye health advocates, vision innovators and trusted voices is essential to elevate patient care.
The Alliance is made up of Leadership members American Optometric Association (AOA), Johnson & Johnson Vision and VSP and associate members CooperVision and Sightbox.
To become a local advocate or to get involved in protecting patient safety, visit www.patientsafetytoday.com.